The American media brand was launched in 1976 and has a great reach, enormous credibility and goodwill within the American community over here. We can help you increase your business with this lucrative audience. Reach them with display ads, A-List Directory, mailing sponsorship, newsletter ads or event sponsorship. Call us now on +44(0)1747 830 520, or email email@example.com to find out how.
Print & digital magazine: The American
• The leading publication for Americans in the UK
• The hub of a very active, wealthy and influential community
• Established – born in the USA's bicentenary year of 1976
• The Number 1 publication for Americans in Britain
• Published bi-monthly: January-February; March-April; May-June; July-August; September-October; November-December
• Deadlines: Editorial 1st day of prior month; Advertisement copy 7th day of prior month.
• Advertising online can put your company in touch with one of the largest and wealthiest expatriate communites in the UK – and beyond.
• Fortnightly email newsletter offers advertising. Advertising online can put your company in touch with one of the largest and wealthiest expatriate communites in the UK – and beyond.
• The American is the favorite information and entertainment source for Americans living in and visiting the UK. It is the leading cross-media publication for Americans in the UK and anyone interested in American culture. Established in 1976, and originally a newspaper, it is now a multi-media platform including a beautifully produced glossy magazine in convenient Travel Size, with print and digital editions. An easy and attractive read on paper and screen, giving long shelf-life and high initial and pass-on readership. Regular content includes:
• Essential Finance, Health & Education information for expats
• The best American Sports coverage in Britain
• The Most Comprehensive Directory of American Organizations in the UK
• US & UK Politics
• Competitions and exclusive offers
• The American community in the UK
• Things to do in the UK
• Feature Articles
• Reviews – Music, Shows, Motors, Arts & Antiques, Books, Food & Drink
• Regular columns by well known writers
• The editorial team are Americans living in Britain & the United States, and others with American links. Their mix of the essential, the informative and the entertaining makes The American a must-read.
• US citizens and their families who live permanently in the UK, work in Britain on a long or short term basis, or are on vacation here.
• Active, Wealthy and Influential. Individual and Corporate.
• Many are in finance, the oil industry, the military and the diplomatic corps
• Predominantly high net worth individuals in socio-economic groups A/B
• Circulation (print edition) 25,000
• Readers per copy (print edition) 6
• Readers per issue (print edition) 150,000
Print: a mix of paid-for subscriptions together with free distribution at selected quality sites. All distribution is by request.
• US Embassy and Consulates
• American Clubs & Associations
• Major International & American businesses in the City, Canary Wharf and further afield
• Airport lounges & Clubs
• American and International Schools, Colleges and Universities
• Luxury Retail outlets
• Leading hotels (at manager's request)
• Military bases
• Sports Venues
• Churches and Faith Groups
• Private hospitals
• Relocation Companies and New Neighbors Groups
• Selected Luxury Residential
• PLUS WEBSITE AND SOCIAL MEDIA
Interested in advertising to Americans in the UK, but not quite ready? Why not sign up to receive marketing info? We'll e-mail you upcoming marketing opportunities specific to reaching Americans in the UK, as well as the occasional special offer. There's no obligation to advertise.